Introduction of LAT Law
Law Admission Test is a test for those who want to pursue a career in the field of law and become certified law graduates. It has been prescribed by the Higher Education Commission (HEC) on the directions of the August Supreme court of Pakistan. It may be termed as HEC LAT Test.
Purpose of LAT
LAT is conducted by HEC to access the aptitude of students for specialized fields such as lawyer, Consultant, Judge, Attorney, Prosecutor, etc. It is a basic test for seeking admission to LLB.
It is conducted thrice a year and the result remains valid for two years only.
Who Can Apply For The HEC Law Admission Test? (Eligibility Criteria)
The eligibility criteria for the HEC LAT LAW admission test is applicable to the:
- Students who have passed the Higher Secondary School Certificate (HSSC) or equivalent
- Students who have appeared in the final examination of HSSC or equivalent and their result is awaited
Any change in the examination date will be communicated through http://etc.hec.gov.pk
LAT Test Time Duration in Pakistan
The time duration of the LAT Test is 210 minutes / 3.5 hours. Also, a minimum of 50% marks are required to pass the LAT law.
How Many Times LAT Test Conducted In A Year In Pakistan?
Students who wish to succeed in the upcoming LAT Examination need to ensure that they do not miss the deadline and apply according to HEC guidelines for the LLB degree program.
The government takes the LAT exam test three times or more a year as per the official government schedule provided by HEC.
How to Apply For LAT Law Admission Test Online
To register for the LAT test online visit the link http://etc.hec.gov.pk for online registration.
Test fee worth Rs.1250/- is to be deposited online/ATM or through bank draft.
Applicants who register themselves through HEC online registration process will download their Roll Number Slips through http://etc.hec.gov.pk a week before the examination date.
LAT Syllabus and Preparation
LAT consists of only 100 marks with the division of:
- 15 marks for an essay either in English or Urdu
- 10 marks for a Personal Statement either in English or Urdu
- 20 marks for English (Synonyms/ Antonyms/ Preposition)
- 10 marks for General Knowledge
- 10 marks for Islamic Studies
- 10 marks for Pak Studies
- 10 marks for Urdu (Vocabulary)
- 05 marks for Mathematics (Basic Mathematics)
Best Books for LAT Preparation in Pakistan Online
Dogar Brothers have designed LAT Law Test Preparation Guidebooks with a special focus on Past papers. These books are a valuable guideline for LAT Test preparation as they focus on:
- How to prepare well for Law Admission Test (LAT)
- How to write high-scoring essays
- Updated Vocabulary List from the past papers
- Overview of Past Papers
- Notes to crack easy, medium, and difficult questions
- Exercise with detailed solutions for better preparation
LAT Test Preparation Books
LAT Law preparation test book by Dogar Brothers offers a complete guide for LAT. Buy the book online with the best lowest price in Pakistan with fast shipping by clicking the below link.