Answered by Dogar Brothers Editorial Team (Source: FPSC)
- A candidate for competitive examination must hold at least a second division or grade C bachelor‘s degree in any faculty of one of the Pakistani universities or an equivalent degree or comparable educational qualifications of a foreign university recognized by the Higher Education Commission (HEC), subject to production of equivalence certificate issued by HEC.
- Where a candidate does not hold the required degree on or before the cut-off date, he shall be required to produce a certificate from the duly authorized officer of the concerned degree awarding institution, to the effect that the candidate has fulfilled all the requirements of the said degree and has cleared and passed the examination for the said degree on or before the cut-off date. The candidate however would be required to produce the said degree before the final result is declared by the Commission.
- A candidate who has obtained a third division or D grade in his bachelor‘s degree shall be eligible for the competitive examination in cases where he has obtained a higher division or grade in master‘s degree.
Answered by Farooq Zahid (61st Position in CSS 2018)
- CSS stands for Central Superior Services. CSS officers become leaders in bureaucracy, policy-makers and policy executors in an executive branch of the government.
- There are 12 groups of the Civil Services of Pakistan including Administrative Services, Police Services, Foreign Services, Inland Revenue Services, etc.
- CSS Exam is conducted by FPSC for BS-17 which is a total of 1500 marks including 1200 for written and 300 for interview.
- Compulsory subjects are of 600 marks and optional subjects of 600 marks.
- Selection of the right optional subjects for yourself is important as it helps determine your merit number.
Answered by Dogar Brothers Editorial Team (Source: FPSC) CSS Rules: CANDIDATES ARE ADVISED TO:
- Carefully fill the online form and check it before online submission. Take printout and dispatch hardcopy to FPSC on or before closing date. Any correction in the printed hardcopy of online form may be made by hand and initialled, before dispatch/submission to FPSC. Thereafter, no request for change in any entry of online application or its hardcopy would be accepted.
- Deposit, before the closing date, examination fee in the nearest Govt. Treasury/State Bank of Pakistan/National Bank of Pakistan.
- Ensure that attested copies of all required documents, photographs & original treasury receipt are attached with the hardcopy of online application form, before dispatching to Secretary FPSC, Islamabad.
- Choose the optional subjects correctly in accordance with Appendix-I of the Rules for CSS Competitive Examination
- Download computer generated Admission Certificates from FPSC website i.e. www.fpsc.gov.pk. In this regard no intimation shall be sent through post.
- Be informed that optional subjects & examination centre once selected shall not be changed. No request in this regard shall be entertained after receipt of hardcopy.
- Correctly enter CNIC No. & date of birth in online form and in its hardcopy. Wrong entry shall lead to rejection of candidature.
- Strictly comply with the rules of CSS Competitive Examination-2019 otherwise their candidature shall lead to rejection.
- Hardcopy of the online application, must be dispatched in a separate envelope. Two or more applications in one envelope are not acceptable.
- Be aware that detailed scrutiny of the applications will be carried out after conduct of written part of CSS Competitive Examination. If any candidate is found ineligible in any respect under rules for the examination, his/her candidature will be cancelled/ rejected regardless of the fact whether he/she has appeared in the examination or qualified therein, however his/her chance shall stand consumed. Therefore, to avoid inconvenience candidates are advised in their own interest to make sure before appearing in the examination that they fulfill all requirements of the rules, relating to the examination.
Answered by Dogar Brothers Editorial Team (Source: FPSC) CSS Examination | CSS Occupational Groups and Services The competitive examination shall be conducted by the Commission in respect of the Occupational Groups and Services consisting of:
- Commerce and Trade Group.
- Foreign Service of Pakistan.
- Information Group.
- Inland Revenue Service.
- Military Lands and Cantonments Group.
- Office Management Group.
- Pakistan Administrative Service.
- Pakistan Audit and Accounts Service.
- Pakistan Customs Service.
- Police Service of Pakistan.
- Postal Group.
- Railways (Commercial and Transportation) Group.
CSS Exam Syllabus Updated: For the latest CSS 2020 Syllabus, please visit the FPSC Website. Answered by Dogar Brothers Editorial Team (Source: FPSC)
Answered by Dogar Brothers Editorial Team (Source: FPSC) CSS Exams Schedule: All aspirants may apply online for CSS examination during the period November to December. CSS Exam usually takes place in the month of February.