Geography CSS Syllabus 2016 is available here. Reviewing CSS Syllabus 2016 will help you get through the most competitive examination conducted by Federal Public Service Commission (FPSC) Islamabad. Keep connected with dogar.com.pk to know updates and to get selected through CSS 2016 examination.
Geography CSS Syllabus :
Geography CSS Syllabus 2016 is given below:
Part –I (Marks 50)
1. Factors controlling landform development; endogenetic and exogenetic forces; origin and evolution of the earth’s crust; physical conditions of the earth’s interior; geosynclines; continental drift; isostasy; sea-floor spreading; plate tectonics; mountain building; volcanicity; earthquakes; concepts of geomorphic cycles; landforms associated with fluvial, arid, glacial, coastal and Karst cycle; groundwater.
2. Elements and Factors of climate, structure and composition of atmosphere, insulation, temperature, Pressure belts of the world; Heat budget of the earth; Atmospheric circulation: planetary,monsoon and local winds; Air masses and Fronts; Hydrological cycle; Types of condensation and precipitation; Factors of global distribution of precipitation.
3. Origin of oceans and seas, Characteristic features of the ocean basins, temperature, salinity distribution cause and effects, Ocean floor deposits, their characteristics and classification, Ocean circulation, Waves, currents and tides, their nature, causes and effects.
4. Factors of climate and Environmental change. Transformation of nature by man; environmental degradation and conservation; Nature and Types of pollution. Problems caused by pollution, Global Warming, Global Environment Patterns, Environmental Hazards and Risk Management.
Part –II (Marks 50)
1. Origin and Diffusion of Culture, Geographic patterns of culture, Classification of Languages, World Distribution of Languages, Indo-European Languages, Origins of Religions, Diffusion of Religions, Global Distribution, Regional conflicts, Ethnicities and Nationalities, Ethnic Conflicts, Ethnic Diversity in the World, Factors of Ethnic Cleansing, Ethnic Cleansing in the World, Development Indicators, Economic Indicators, Social Indicators, Health Indicators, Development through Trade, Impacts of development Indicators.
2. Factors effecting Agriculture, Subsistence Agriculture and population growth, Commercial Agriculture and Market Forces, Sustainable Agriculture, Types and Distribution of Agriculture, Factors of Industrial locations, The Industrial Revolution, Industrial Theories, Distribution of Industries and Industrial Estates, Renewable Resources, Recycling Resources, Sustainable resources.
3. Factors of Population Growth, Components of Change, Population Structure, The Demographic Transition, World distribution of Population, Over and under Population threats and their consequences, Models of Internal Structure of Cities, World Urban Patterns, Settlement Theories, Patterns and Problems within urban areas.
4. Politics, Geography and Political Geography, State as a Politico-Territorial
Phenomenon, State, Nation and the Nation-State, World Politics and International Relations, Geopolitics of uneven Development and Globalization of Capital, Geography of Tourism and Recreation, The demand for tourism and recreation, The supply for tourism and recreation, The impact of tourism and recreation: (Socioeconomic impacts, Physical-environmental impacts), Global patterns in health and diseases, Models in medical geography, Recent issues and developments.
Dogar Brothers utterly provide Best Stuff for your good preparation