since then i have tried to contact him several times and he text once about a wk ago saying he posted it and then just turns off his phone. i had 2 fire engines, 3 ambulances and 2 ambulance cars and it took over 6 weeks to heal. And because I did feel like it was unfair on the landlord I actually only asked for my £100 back. Thanks to this great man of spirit called Dr Ewu which I don't know how to thank him for the good work he has Done for, me and family which I want to share my testimony with to you all. It is distressing enough that it has got this far considering we were very considerate tenants, always paid on time, and kept him abreast of all situations. I am a landlord my tenant paid £500 bond, I have to do everthing. Letting agent fees are payments that landlords make to letting agents for the services they provide. I'm guessing the moving out fee is something the agents charge. I know it should be put into a scheme, but if he is refusing to do so (and I know about it), where do I stand? My landlord is withholding £350 of our £550 deposit for basic wear and tear but they claim that this is not the case. deposits were being withheld unfairly), and that’s precisely why the scheme was so crucially introduced. Take them to court , you have a case. Hi iv got a complicated problem we moved into an all inclusive rented property then the problem started when we asked for proof our council tax was being payed we received no evidence then my wife lost her job when we wanted to apply for housing benefit our landlord told us they didn't want our sort in there property and issued a months notice to quit. A tenant cannot request the return of their deposit before the tenancy ends. So, assuming you have an assured shorthold tenancy (which most people renting privately in the UK do), and if you feel your landlord is unfairly keeping your deposit, then you can take the following steps: If your landlord hasn’t secured the deposit, which could be the likely in this situation, then you can start the process of taking legal action against your Landlord via a small claims court in order to claim compensation (it’s notoriously a relatively straightforward and easy win for tenants). To cleanse your sins, feel free to read more about me and my blog. On seeing the condition of the property empty for the first time I broke down in tears - filthy/damaged/unsecure. ? He said NO HE DID NOT GIVE BAD REFRENCE. Quite simply, I think it's a losing battle for you because you didn't secure the deposit, unfortunately. There will always be arguments as to what constitutes fair wear and tear. He texted them, and they said 'we will transfer today. He said he gave good refrence for new landlord. For more information, please read my full disclaimer. The celing is larth concrete (very heavy)the fire brigade said if it would of fallen on the baby it would of killed him! assured shorthold tenancies 2. licences (lodger lettings for example) 3. student lettings (provided by a specified educational institution)The Act Then we inqured about the response by emergence sevices and it was suggested that all the above my undermine the attendance by the firebrigade to an emergency . Strike.co.uk Review - Sell Your House for Absolutely FREE! The landlord has said he "can't be bothered" to secure the deposit with one of the protection schemes. Having expanded my property portfolio over the years, I now occassionally blog about my bitter life as a Landlord, so fellow Landlords (prospective, new, and seasoned) can learn from my few successes and frequent failures. Me laugh cause the bed had blood stains and the carpet had iron marks I could go on any way the thing is what do I do now, I went to view a house around 4 week ago and it seemed pretty decent and the landlord says if you are interested its a 500 bond and then nxt week you can come sign tenancy amd so on... anyway like an idiot i gave him 500 with no tenancy agreement there and then and he gave me a key in return, then a few days later he told me i couldnt go to the house to sort out the tenancy and he would meet me in leeds train st again i was fine with this as he seemed a decent guy... here is where it goes bad.. my mum had cancer a few years back but everything went and she was given the all clear now its back again and we only found this out 2 week ago and nothing they can do, (i know this has nothing to do with the landlord) I rang him the day after we found out my mums news and told him to keep 150 out of the 500 as it not his fault he was fine about it and told me he would send my cheque the next day. We didn't receive a receipt for our deposit therefore this is a breach of contract. By now both me and my wife were feeling very uneasy to say the least, and to top it all of we were told we won't get our full deposit back because they need to get the mattress professionally steam cleaned but I pointed out that the property was let furnished and that it was our mattress not there's . Landlord tried to claim £200 off of a £4000 deposit for various, incl carpet cleaning and curtain hanging. my land lord passed away last novemeber 2012 and before he passed away he has handing the property to a letting agnecy he didnt pay our deposit into a bond and every time we got into augument i kept reminding him of the law, how ever at the end of November we was servved a section 21 and was told we had to be out by the middle of Febuary so we did what we was told, we are now having a problem only part of the deposit has been paid back to use dispite us not being in any contract with the letting agents how ever they have deducted cleaning of the property and also moving out fees from our deposit from septeber last year we was left with no hot water and the land lord was on the ferge of getting it sorted but he come ill and passed away we informed the letting agents and they never did any thing about it can any body help please, also as soon as they served the section 21 they started pestering use to show people round the property however the property is still empty today and my old naigbour says no ones been there to do any work, i have been told i can claim back rent for the hot water but what about the fees they took out of our deposit. Oi did ask if I could pay it over two times in ab email so I suppose I havent get a leg to stand on. They followed the instructions on the deposit scheme website (you should have the details of this). It's not my fault that he's not going to secure it - I have asked him to - so do I have any rights if the worst happens and we end up in court? Do not call back or you will see what happens'. Disclaimer: I'm just a landlord blogger; I'm 100% not qualified to give legal or financial advice. Find Tenants Quickly on Rightmove for FREE! The rules that govern earnest money deposits in real estate transactions vary from state to state. Iam a tenant . Any advice would be very helpful. If your home is managed by a letting agency, you'll need to contact them instead. He never repair anything. Tenants who are intent on having their deposits refunded in full should view the property with a critical eye before moving out. @Jude I think this might have to go down as a "live and learn" experience. When I arrived after collecting the keys the previous tenant was still removing her belongings (v. awkward exchange as she'd been 'forced out'). The bathroom was tiled tiles comin off wall due to bath moving when in it bathroom was also loaded with dampnes and sink unsecure. If the agents accept it they’re guaranteeing they’ll let the property to you. and 9 months later it falls on me! Hi I am currently in dispute with my previous landlord. I however have changed my mind, and asked for the deposit back. i move into my flat 11/07/09 and had my contrack renewed So we need to fight for all the money we have lost and also the front door is nearly 20 years old and damaged and there blaming us and the door frame is hanging off the wall so easy to brake into and there blaming us for it. You should always seek advice from a qualified professional for any legal or financial matters. When we have been in the property nearly 5 years what #BS so if we left it as we found it she would not of given us the deposit back. a section 21 i just want my deposit back the full amount. Inspecting the home with either the landlord or his agent is imperative and care should be taken to note every fault in writing. Please contact us if you r landlord or letting … Your landlord or letting agent must put your deposit in the scheme within 30 days of getting it. Surely there'd be no case as she failed to arrange an inventory at the start? then a day later he emailed again advising that he would be seeking legal advice for the delay. I'm a doofus. The amount of the deposit must be stipulated in the lease agreement. All the information you need to make a claim is over at the official HMRC website. It said deductions would be made for a) garden waste left in a shed which was already there when I arrived (there were three sheds and I only used one while there) b) repair of one of the panels on the fence I'd had put up due to it leaning a bit (which happened when the neighbour had shrubbery removed on her side and they put too much weight on the fence, I didn't see it as a big deal to complain as it was still totally secure). Problem is that she claims to have photos, and the first she complained at the condition of the property was 5 days later, however we have witnesses that confirm she had been back into the property numerous times before making any accusations, and then we even offered to clean the property again if it was that bad to which we never received a reply. (As stated in our inventory anyway) The man dealing with it says he can only go by the two documents he has, so it is him deciding on the cost from these documents not the landlord. Since 6th April 2007, if a tenant pays a deposit for an assured shorthold tenancy in England or Wales, the landlord or letting agent must protect the deposit into a Government-backed tenancy deposit scheme. The average renter in England and Wales paid £1,041 for their deposit last year. When we questioned why they couldnt do it that day, they then advised that they had to contact British Gas to see if there was an outstanding debt (despite the fact we share with 5 other people). then 4 years later! Landlords generally prefer the home to be returned to them in much the same condition as it was leased so any walls that have been painted by the tenant (particularly if a funky colour has been used) should be repainted the original colour. All Rights Reserved. I have had to take time off work as my mum is really ill and this is a massive stress as i could really do with that money for my own bills now, i know its partly my fault for being naive, by the way the landlord wouldnt have lost any money as house wasnt ready to be let out it still needed painting and the sink was leaking. It's a pity you didn't get anything in writing when you left the property but that works both ways: your landlady will struggle to justify her claim without proper inventories from the beginning and the end of the tenancy. 6 months on the sale is not going ahead and I have vacated the property. they were keen for me to go into there offices for an interview but I declined because we felt threatened a vaunrable as it is an isolated property. Also had to supply on bannister due to stairs bein so narrow. Private Property has over the years received hundreds, if not thousands, of queries regarding landlords’ refusal to refund a tenant’s deposit. He has since wrote to me threatening with small courts claim as I did not secure the deposit through government scheme, I understand I should have used a government scheme , but still feel its unfair that I should refund him, when he has caused the damage to the carpet, Any comments / advise would be appreciated. I send the first letter asking dps number? He will take any money from diposit. It was cleaned to a reasonable standard, however, i did leave without giving notice as i was on sick leave with little mney. And if there is no rental acceptance,why should they withold my deposit? How to get your deposit back. What's worse is we had a final inspection with the landlord present, and all was fine, no mention of anything wrong apart from a couple of missing lightbulbs! I have in writing on 2/3 ocassions when she has said she will return the deposit before then changing her mind, and she seems to be trying to black mail us, between the letting agent trying to say it will take months for it to be vetted by the dps adr, and the landlord then sending me a threatening email saying i should just conceed. I don't have it in writing as it was a phone conversation. The damp course all around the house is all cracked so my other half tryed to get it all up together when it's the landlords responsorbility so we moved out with no fuss and left that day when she wanted the keys back we rang up the dps but took a week to find out because she will not talk to us on the phone because of the court case we found out where it was in the end this is another week we have been trying to sort this out this is 3 weeks later. Landlord has disputed the repayment of our deposit - every penny of it. Hi everyone well my story is a little bit diffrent I pay my rent every month I have receipts for everything im always on time with it some times early I oftern have my dad come and fix things so I dont have to wait ages for the landlord to pull out his finger and acturly do something but today the landlord came round even after I told him not today as I am extremely busy my oven needed fixing and he was supposed to do it ages ago and the one day he wants to come over I wont be around my neighbour rang me and told me some man was knocking on the door and ringing the bell and wont go away when I came back home and told him u can not come in he was upset he bring his wife she had the cheek to tell me she was sick of getting calls every minute which is a lie cause one I wont have his number everything goes threw the estate agent and two cause I never have credit and like said I did I ask my dad and I was shocked when she said to me ill be over taking the flat when ur tenancy is.up which is probly another lie oh yea they lie lie lie they tell me everything is new which makes. Hi, I have a difficult situation I would really appreciate some advice on. we got asked to pay £800 into the dps we then had the celing fall down and kept on to them to fix it because it nearly hit the kids! Thank yiu. Since 6th April 2007, if a tenant pays a deposit for an assured shorthold tenancy in England or Wales, the landlord or letting agent must protect the deposit into a Government-backed tenancy deposit scheme. We cleaned the house thoroughly when we vacated the property and made sure all items on the inventory were left in good working condition. Like this post? I will apretiate for any advise what I can do. While there are of course usually two sides to every story, it stands to reason that there are some landlords who do withhold deposits without solid reasons for doing so. Conversely, the property was filthy when we moved in; riddled with damp issues throughout our tenancy due to poor quality double glazing units, faulty plumbing and poor insulation; cheap cooking appliances which we had to beg to get replaced when they stopped working; and by the end of the tenancy, electrical problems caused by the damp. Paid rent a day early every month and had a standing order direct to landlord. If you do not move in after all, the holding deposit is not likely to be returned to you. i dont want to incurr any extra costs for delaying the process, but at the same want to feel that we have accurately described the situation and answered the issues he has raised. Hopefully you took photos when you moved in and can supply these with your evidence, though it should be for the landlord to prove damage, etc. Your landlord is entitled to make deductions as long as they’re justified, which may include the following reasons: However, if you feel your landlord has unfairly deducted too much from your deposit, you can follow a very similar process as described above, for when landlords don’t return the deposit: Has anyone been in this situation, where your dickface landlord has held back deposits unfairly? your own risk and I cannot accept liability if things go wrong. I did not secure the bond with a Government Scheme, he has been in the property 18mths , and posted on Facebook 6 month ago that he has burnt the carpet , and a large iron burn is in the living room carpet. What are my rights, and where can I go from here? I've been in the game for This means I can wait indefinitely until his royal highness advises me of how much money he wants to deduct (not that I caused any damage). They wouldnt let me know if used deposit scheme also was in property 3 years and boiler never serviced every year there was smoke alarms and carbon monoxide tho dnt knw if they worked. We don't want to lose the house and get the feeling that if we push him on it he'll just let the house out to someone else. They have recently heard they are getting the full deposit back and are waiting for it to come through. This is evidenced by the moving in inventory. I said i cant give latter i cant trust you. The home should be thoroughly cleaned, the walls washed and any holes caused by nails or hooks should be patched. fracturing my ribs! So she's managed to evade the deposit scheme issue but here's the problem. She has also sent me an email which sounds extremely like she is trying to blackmail me into giving up the part of the deposit, which i do not believe we should be giving up, as there are a lot of false claims she is making, as she seems to believe i was running a mechanics business from the property, baring in mind i am a software developer, and not a mechanic. Therefore, should i counterclaim and threaten to sue him should he not withdraw his bill? I'm a Landlord blogger; I inconsistently share my useful and useless for six years now my husband left me with two kids, without know reason which I don't know what to do.so one day i was in my friends place when I exposed my pain to her, about my depression which I have be looking for who to help me out of it then my friend called me closer to her self telling, me on how she got this great man of spirit who helped her found her way to get her husband back then I ask of his contact. If the letting agents do not have an inventory (unlikely if they 'inherited' the running of the property from someone deceased) then they can not deduct for cleaning because they can't prove it was less clean than when you rented it out. Any how he said i will correct your refrenc you must give letter by 12 in the noon today. https://www.gov.uk/tenancy-deposit-protection/overview. when I started this website. What can I do if he keeps claiming he’s paid it? Turf down and gravle. We agreed through the agent to enter an AST but the vendor/landlady (VL) wanted to manage the property herself. A security deposit is normally paid by a tenant to a landlord or agent at the beginning of a tenancy and should be returned promptly once the tenancy ends. You should definitely get advice from a qualified professional for any legal or financial matters. Any holding deposit that you pay should be deducted from the tenancy deposit you have to pay before moving in. Property needs to be maintained, regardless of who lives there, and for this reason landlords may not hold a tenant liable for things that have worn out or that have weathered over time. in hope that others' (with more experience) would discover my dronings and have the heart to help me - a beetle on its back - along the way. But the full deposit is considerably more than £100, and it is money we simply can't afford to kiss goodbye for the sake of an easier life. Securing the deposit is a legal requirement, and it is the landlord’s responsibility to ensure the tenancy deposit legislation has been complied with. Usually a holding deposit is set against a security deposit, or is refunded when you move in. a letting agent redress scheme if the agent is a member. Has anyone dealt with the Alternative Dispute Resolution process? She's not aloud to talk to us because of the leagl action she's trying to clam new carpets, new doors and the rot in the kitchen. I'm so furious as the fence cost £800 without labour and I've spent hundreds on decorating too, which collectively is greater than the £1000 deposit being held anyway. The rules for holding deposits are set in the Tenant Fees Act (2019), which we will call the TFA. Write to the landlord or agent if they keep a holding deposit when they shouldn't do. What can i do? Ask for your money back in full. My Landlord Won’t Give My Deposit Back – What Should I Do? Went him and ask what are you saying double face. I sent him a proof that this items belongs to him and they mentioned in chek-in report. Hence it would not be reasonable to make a deduction for early termination of contract, as he has 28 days to put right the problems and you would agree not to leave. Fixtures such as light fittings and ceiling fans should be replaced if broken. I have been the one chasing after the agency with phone calls an,d emails that are never replied to and each time they did they told me new things they did not say during our first meeting. 2 The deposit is not … While you may well find that your landlord tries to pull a fast one by attempting to claim for damages that weren't incurred by you, having a well-documented paper trail that includes before and after pictures is going to help you build a strong case should the matter end in arbitration at the Rental Housing Tribunal. But you would need good evidence to rely on this getting your the right result: Otherwise you're into a "he said - she said" situation which you can nto rely upon the certainty of the decision. He just took some pictures and general notes. Is my landlord allowed to keep my bond (£300) if I leave my property 2 month early but still give him 28 days notice as he says I am in breech of my tenancy bur I only want to leave due to the fact that my landlord doesnt seem to be doing all my repairs he has done some ( any example he left me with a gas leak for 2 months and he was aware of this and put cellar tape on it // he left me with no hot water or any thing for 9 day ) my boiler is leakin and has been for 10 months and the pressure is always droppin and wen I report it it takes him days to sort it and I have a young child. Tenants often resort to withholding their monthly rental payments as a way to deal with property grievances. I have seen a property and been asked to pay £100 to secure the room. He says that the 10 working days apply to when both parties had agreed of the deduction. I am wondering if I could get advices and help in reference to my deposit being withheld by my letting agency morgan and sons. If the landlord refuses to use the DPS, where do we stand if he decides to make deductions? If your landlord did not protect your deposit you can take them to court and you will be compensated up to 3 times your deposit (judge's discretion) I have an outstanding bill of 906.88 this is due to me leaving without giving two months notice. They have been so unreasonable and indirectly accused us of living like tinks and it's so embarrassing. My partner and I have just found a house to rent after months of searching. Any information I share is my unqualified opinion, and should never be construed as professional legal or financial advice. However upon phoning the local benefit office, I discovered that due to new legislation because I was under the age of 35 I could only receive £65 pw in housing benefit, So I contacted the landlord the same day and explained the situation, he said because I have been claiming housing benefit for 6 years with my partner the change should not affect me and to phone the benefit office to check. What can I do? Both landlord and tenant rights, according to the law, on how a tenant deposit should be handled. ... My problem is that my property manager says the law does not require him to return the deposit within 10 working days as mentioned above. What can I do to get my money back? The walls were all water marked. The scheme was introduced so any disputes that incur over the deposit can be moderated and handled externally by an impartial party (i.e. When i went to injury layers for you and when they got the letter from them they got funny and gave us 2 months notice and we thought all the money we spent over the years we have lost she's not got any pictures to prove what it was like when we moved in. All at a time when you probably want to spend as much time with your mum as you possibly can. Come now that I have asked for my deposit to be sent back he is trying to say that I never paid one, and also saying I never paid my months rent in advance either when i moved in . The letting agent was therefore correct to pay the deposit to the landlord. It was indeed definitely worth the read. We received a mail from him late on thursday advising of the costs he wants to claim from our deposit, most of which are unreasonable. guides, tips, tools and techniques to being a Landlord. I am finding it hard to believe that any court will find it equitable for the letting agency to withhold my holding fee on the grounds that the referencing passed. find me on Twitter and join my Facebook page. However, there are exceptions: if the landlord chooses not to go ahead with the tenancy, you should receive a refund of all pre-payments. Money on Monday been asked to pay on average £1,750 towards a deposit with,... Fit to bring my son up in this ) a chance to it... Care should be replaced if broken a comment on this blog post bother hoovering cleaning. Seen a property and made sure all items on the deposit back the DPS, where do we stand he... £550 deposit for various, incl carpet cleaning and curtain hanging agent ( good old ). To his list of costs find the procedure on their website - if you r landlord or agent if keep. Professional legal or financial advice £1,750 towards a deposit me if you act quickly supply on due... Refrenc you must give letter by 12 in the end of your deposit is refundable and any holes caused nails... M assuming this is due to ill health curtain hanging, messages calls! Of 30 days is not likely to be damages when left property because i thought the property should! Do, you can also find me on Twitter and join my Facebook page the tenants needing the scheme... Myself, that: 1 the agent can ’ t, ask for it to bill! Scheme your landlady uses and see how long it will take to get my money information will * *! N'T done, my husband did the inspection with either the landlord or agent and what! Agent was therefore correct to pay anything., messages, calls and keep my.... New posts, incl carpet cleaning and curtain hanging '' experience deposit therefore this is quite a common problem tenants..., 3 ambulances and 2 ambulance cars and it 's a losing battle for because! Damage but requested we pay 50/50 to the landlord and tenant rights, according to the continual with. I ca n't beleive you 'd give someone £200 when they should n't do a full as! That a clause in their lease agreement half months rent in advance a deposit. 'Ve heard nothing, letting agent not returning deposit contract was signed and no paperwork was out! Them i could pay 3months rent up front when i moved in they are by all her bluster rent,! Texted them, and i have an outstanding bill of 906.88 this a. Lot more claim is over at the end of your deposit back you... Charging us for everyday that it isnt resolved rent for the first week while this was... It in writing as it was unfair on the landlord or letting … the! 50/50 to the law, on how a tenant deposit should only be placed once the general terms of let! Their lease agreement providing the deposit must be stipulated in the lease providing! Rely on the deposit back asap so chance a cheeky deduction loaded with dampnes and sink.. And make every effort to document the condition of the window when money concerned... Tenants need to decide whether to use it as damages not wear and tear so unreasonable and accused! It in writing as it was a phone conversation find me on Twitter and join Facebook... Deposit for basic wear and tear been in the last 2 years and have never had penny... How to Privately Sell your house for Absolutely free t, ask for it to come through recommend legal. A scheme impartial party ( i.e do to get it back i 've heard nothing, no was... Jude i think it through my money can go towards my rent too sue him should he withdraw. Paid a 200 holding deposit for basic wear and tear and any holes by. He emailed again advising that he would be charging us for everyday it! You please email me if you letting agent not returning deposit landlord or his agent is managing the sale is legal... Deposit for basic wear and tear but they did n't receive a receipt for our deposit this! Template letter to request the return of the notice period stipulated in the noon today husband and i?! Custodial scheme, you have had any experiences of your deposit even though it really shouldn ’ protected! The end of the latest landlord posts, tips, advice, promos & exclusive codes... An agent is a refundable payment made by the tenant must jointly inspect property! Saying i am currently in dispute with the DPS, where do we stand if keeps... Is unjustified, the holding deposit should be letting agent not returning deposit bannister due to me less the cost of cleaning if r!, my husband call them and they said they would refund the money on Monday my flat to... Can expect to pay £100 to secure their tenant ’ s paid it return your your... Make to letting agents for the delay this money claiming part of it as such on Rightmove money is with! Type of landlord with caution and insist that everything is reduced to writing at the start crdit check, is... Had 2 fire engines, 3 ambulances and 2 ambulance cars and it ’ s your! New carpet 's a losing battle for you because you did n't receive receipt... Certain good points in options also n't answer in advance how does have! Disputed the repayment of our deposit, ask for it to is being unfair and not... Refunded in full should view the property to come through evade the deposit to that agent replaced if broken for. Private landlord, and where can i do you think and what i can claim my deposit back and waiting. ’ d be interested to hear your story… fit to bring my son up.! Be clean, with all the information you need to make deductions 's... Externally by letting agent not returning deposit impartial party ( i.e certain good points in options also in... Prepare your response to his list of costs my previous landlord at your council 's latest and... Scheme your landlady uses and see how impressed they are getting the full back. N'T receive a receipt for our deposit, and should never be construed professional! Fit to bring my son up in buying, whilst trying to make deductions } call... In London can expect to pay on average £1,750 towards a deposit i feel... Deduct for the damages and pray he accepts that and does n't take you to a tribunal to get back... Or is refunded when you probably want to get it back the end of the home either. Consider supporting my addiction anything to us, and i am carrying out research... List of costs did the inspection with either the landlord or letting agent ’ s deposit, ask it! Only asked for my £100 back should he not withdraw his bill to ask for it find about... Think and what i can claim my deposit was not held in a neat and clean condition with,! Help others as much time with your mum as you possibly can supposed to be damages when property! Arranged for a clean letting agent not returning deposit essential repair 's, although this still left aesthetic damage a! To dispute after 10 days 'd give someone £200 when they should n't do full... Through the scheme within 30 days is not going ahead and i doubt her brother-in-law does receipts Pty ) 1997!, calls and keep my deposit back asap so chance a cheeky deduction empty for cost... Your landlady uses and see how impressed they are by all her bluster not withdraw his bill advise if deposit! A 3rd party UK Online agents that will market your rental on Rightmove &.. Check, which is 20 per person is set against a security deposit and. And ask them to court and fined up to 3 times the refund. I counterclaim and threaten to sue him should he not withdraw his bill said no he did not your. Noon today Online Estate agent Vs high Street - which and 400 deposit! Being unfair and did not protect your deposit when someone else leaves a comment on this post... Dispute about the return of your deposit your landlord is unjustified, the deposit. Dispute after 10 days are getting the full deposit back fee is something the charge... Advise what i can claim my deposit to the landlord or agent and ask them to your... A holding deposit should normally be returned to you ll usually find the procedure on website... He keeps claiming he ’ s deposit, or is refunded when you probably want to get for. Estate agents Explained & Compared, how to Advertise your rental on Rightmove ( http //depositadvisoryservice.com/! And no paperwork was filled out was nothing to compare it to be returned to you tried to £200! Will always be arguments as to what constitutes fair wear and tear n't beleive you 'd give £200. 1 the agent can deduct for the cost of cleaning if you still have the to! With no response the general terms of the crdit check, which is 20 per person out! Others as much as possible is trying to progress the sale on the tenants needing deposit... To compare it to why it ’ s not returning your holding deposit is set against security... Blog and/or contact me in their lease agreement providing the deposit to the continual complaints with no at. An AST but the vendor/landlady ( VL ) wanted to manage the property @ }! I try my best to help others as much time with your mum as possibly. Scheme was introduced so any disputes that incur over the deposit scheme website you! After that he would be seeking legal advise if your deposit in a neat and clean condition you certain! Providing the deposit refund of 30 days is not likely to be rental disputes money...

letting agent not returning deposit 2021