This remake of Arjun Reddy is called Kabir Singh. [41] Neeshita Nyayapati writing for The Times of India said the songs "deserve a special mention" and that Radhan did a "brilliant job". Arjun Reddy was remade in Hindi by Vanga himself as Kabir Singh, which was released on 21 June 2019. ", "Arjun Reddy being compared to Baahubali 2", "Arjun Reddy Box Office Collection: Vijay Devarakonda's film makes a strong show at international market", "Arjun Reddy's teaser is intense! [9] With a dark mood prevailing for 100 minutes, Vanga wanted a happy ending for the film, with two or three options for the climax. While the locations are yet to be finalised, the plan is to shoot in India as well as abroad.” In the original film, Shalini Pandey played the female lead opposite Vijay. "[83] Speaking to The Asian Age, Neelima Menon opined that "it's problematic when you add celebratory background score to an act of verbally abusing a woman with sexually coloured remarks, or beating her up, or decide to make these acts sound heroic. [66] After earning US$1,681,996 in 17 days in the US, Arjun Reddy became the fourth highest grossing Telugu film of the year in that country. Since he was unaware of the way of speaking in both the places, he wrote the dialogue in a Hyderabad Telangana accent. Click here to join our channel (@indianexpress) and stay updated with the latest headlines. The star played his roles very well alongside the lovely Kiara Advani. To cope with his emotions, he starts taking drugs, attempts one-night stands, buys a pet dog and names it after Preethi and drinks alcohol; all of which are unsuccessful. Arjun learns about the marriage from Shiva and goes to her house. [67] By then, it had grossed a worldwide total of ₹450 million and a distributor share of ₹250 million. "Had the pleasure to be the first to see #dearcomrade ! [5] Kanchana was cast as Arjun's grandmother in November 2016; Arjun Reddy marked her comeback to Telugu cinema after Shri Datta Darshanam (1985). [92] The film was first remade in Tamil by Bala as Varmaa; however in early 2019 the production company E4 Entertainment shelved the film's release due to creative differences with Bala,[93] and relaunched the film as Adithya Varma with Gireesaaya directing, which was released on 21 November 2019. Within months, he becomes a successful surgeon and a high-functioning alcoholic who is feared by the hospital's staff members, one of the reasons being his high surgery count. According to a Mumbai Mirror report, Shahid has agreed to step into the shoes of Telugu actor Vijay Deverakonda for the emotional drama. The Telugu film Arjun Reddy is a cult hit, no doubt. [54] In Hyderabad, 55 paid premieres were held a day before the release, surpassing the record set by Baahubali 2: The Conclusion which had 33 premiere shows. Principal photography commenced on 20 June 2016 at Hyderabad and took 86 working days to complete. The ‘hero’, if you’d like to call him that, played here by Shahid Kapoor, is an obnoxious, entitled bully with anger issues. Raj Thota was director of photography and Shashank Mali edited the film. [a] Vanga preferred long, uninterrupted takes; the pre-Intermission sequence was seven minutes long. The producers persuaded her to join the project after a series of long discussions. He worked on the script for two years and it took four to five years for the film to materialise. The hospital staff examines his blood samples, which show traces of alcohol and cocaine. He is assaulted and gets arrested for making a scene. The film is also being remade in Tamil with Chiyaan Vikram’s son Dhruv as the lead. ", "I'm open to a live-in relationship: Arjun Reddy star Shalini Pandey", "Veteran actor Kanchana set for comeback in Vijay Deverakonda's Arjun Reddy", "My role as Shiva in Arjun Reddy is the usual me: Rahul Ramakrishna", "I asked Vijay to really punch me: Amit Sharma", "First Look: Vijay Devarakonda as Arjun Reddy", "Vijay Deverakonda: Arjun Reddy gave me the confidence to speak my mind", "Mangaluru's heritage buildings now a destination for moviemakers", "I lied that I was a Tuluva in college to escape from being made fun of for not speaking fluent Telugu", "A lot of grey areas in my personality: Vijay Deverakonda", "Lyricist Shreshta is all set to work with biggies of the industry", "Mangaluru – Mussoorie (From "Arjun Reddy") – Single", "The Breakup Song (From "Arjun Reddy") – Single", "Emitemitemito (From "Arjun Reddy") – Single", "Music in Telugu films: Some sunshine amid rain", "Romantic numbers that rocked 2017 – Times of India", "Arjun Reddy movie review: A landmark film", "A year of change: The best of Telugu cinema in 2017", "Telugu film music in 2017: This sounds right!

arjun reddy remake 2021